Tuesday 26 July 2011

We all owe one..... :-)

I drove to work this morning and next to the road was a body covered with a body bag, I could see the hands of a male hanging limply at the sides. Barely an hour ago he was planning to run across the street to get to work or wherever he was going.

An incident like this barely touches my life, but I dont know whether I am just getting older, but there are more and more people around me that are dying of unexpected causes at unexpected ages. My sister was at a funerial memorial on Sunday of a 21 year old, who swam in the sea with a group of school children on a church camp, he was caught in a whirlpool or something and he is gone, found week and a half later.... There is an email going around about this young Pretoria student who just disappeared.  These accidents and crime is scary enough.

I have young friends who are telling me about mild strokes, kidney failure and sudden bouts of hypertension. I have been struggling with hypertensive headaches myself the last year, fooling myself that I am watching it? A phonecall from a friend, about another friend who was packing to move to Jo'burg, he was alone, he had a heartattack at 39 and he is gone. The month before he told me he quit his job because the stress is going to kill him.

Most of us are working to make ends meet, we know that our work is 80% of our lives, but we live for weekends and the times that we can have some sanity, if the worry about tomorrow isn't going to drive us mad.

Bottom line, life just feels short to me today. It feels like we really are frail creatures, who needs some pampering. We need positivity and love, we need laughter, we need support.... We should learn compassion and we should try and be tolerant to those we just dont understand.

I am sure the end of this life, is not the absolute end, but somehow we are here living and breathing for a reason. I'd hate not to experience life to its fullest, if only I could stress less about the things I can do nothing about.....

No comments:

Post a Comment