Saturday 9 July 2011

Going through the motions.....

Round and round and round I go!

I've sat between "old" friends last night and I thought, why dont I see these guys and gals so much anymore and then a cliche came to me....

"Some people are in your life for a reason, some for a season and some for a lifetime...."

Are they still friends or are they just acquantances now. One of them actually added me on their bbm and then this morning I noticed that I had been deleted again.... and somehow I smiled.

The seasonal friends seem to be the most common, you know my friends from school, my friens from varsity, my friends from gym etc. When the season is over those people seem to move on too...

I have found that a lot of "friends" drift apart because of interests, children, jobs, schools......

The friends for a reason is much less, mostly those cause change and growth... also the most painful to leave behind.... or not hear from again and when you do hear from them, their might be a tear or a bit of excitement or just a pluck on the heart strings, but you do know, it was for a reason and not for a lifetime.... and goodbye and even farewell is inevitable......

I'd like to add here, that I mean inevitable, you cant go back. Even if you want to, it would be futile. Unless you need to learn the same lesson..... ;-)

Those that last a lifetime.... :-) ..... who's lifetime..... sounds a bit grim - I know, but I've lost significant people through death, I've lost them in this lifetime of mine, I should say. I know I will loose more, probably one of my reasons ..... I fear.... else I have very little to fear!

I know to fear is counter productive, rather just live for this moment for the time you spend with these amazing people now. Once again Carpe Diem - seize the day!

So why do I enjoy sitting alone, with only my thoughts, did I miss the opportunity to seize this day?!

OK..ok... tomorrow I will visit the most important and irreplaceable people in my life, my parents and one of my siblings, the one closest to me... Well Carpe Diem for tomorrow then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment