Friday 5 August 2011

Daisy, Daisy, Give me your answer true?......

Daisy, Daisy, give you your answer true
I'm half crazy all for the love of you!......

From wikepedia

Daisy Louisa C. De Melker (1 June 1886 - 30 December 1932), (née Hancorn-Smith) simply known as Daisy de Melker, was a trained nurse[1] who poisoned two husbands with strychnine for their life insurance while living in Germiston in the central Transvaal (now Gauteng), and then poisoned her only son with arsenic for reasons which are still unclear. She is historically the second woman to have been hanged in South Africa.

Something made me think of Daisy this morning. Some people struggle to find partners, some love them and leave them.... and then some like Daisy dispose of them......

How is it possible to dispose of somebody - it is difficult enough to break ties and avoid somebody that was close to you, what about dispose. I mean even her son?! Which was the only murder she was convicted for by the way.

How do you find compassion and get into somebody's head, who contemplates and plans disposing of her dearest and her being a nurse and all? Being a nurse myself taking medicine and administration thereof so seriously, it is really such a "cold" thing to do.

I've met a guy, actually in the prison visiting room, who was sitting for life, because he caught his wife and another woman in bed, he shot both, killing the other woman, just wounding his now exwife? Would that me a crime of passion? A "warm" crime, opposite to the cold of Daisy? He seemed like any other person, maybe a bit "needy" for company and humility being his middle name.

How do you take someone's life? The Bible says all sin is sin.... but still taking a life? *sigh*... I wonder ...... WAR - killing somebody you dont know, for a cause?....  too many thoughts...

Actually just want to say ... my mom asked one of my older sisters : " Can you close anything that you've opened?"... she said "Yes, of course, thinking of doors, windows etc."... .My mom kept quite and when they got home, she asked my sister make her some eggs on a sandwich for lunch. She proceeded to crack the shell....  My mom then said, "Wait, I've changed my mind, close it again!"...... The lesson was learnt.

that is how I feel about killing.......making the decision of dying... not even mentioning the ultimate murder suicide! :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment